29 9월 5 Ideas for Converting Your Extra Closet Into an Office, Mudroom & More
Overall it sounds like a good idea to me, except that working for a long time in a room without a window might be a bit dismal. Instead of installing a ceiling light, opt for a task lamp with an adjustable arm. You do not want to be sitting in a chair all day that is uncomfortable.
- We found a simple desk with drawer that matched our bedroom set and, if he ever goes back to work in person, we will convert to a vanity.
- I would be unhappy for more than a short time in a windowless room.
- Recessed can lights add a wonderful amount of illumination to small work spaces and look good with just about any type of décor.
- Accessorize your desk with a lovely lamp, stackable storage containers, and a pen cup.
- But what about those of us who are looking for a budget-friendly alternative?
- Sure, this option may still be moderately expensive for those of us who aren’t intimately familiar with woodworking and power tools.
If you really need the separation, add curtains or a sliding barn door to separate and define your office space. Use baskets to organize sweaters and intimates on your shelves and take advantage of every method available to keep your clothes and shoes organized. Then you will be free to use the rest of the space to design your closet office getaway. The last thing you want is for your desk to become a storage area for clean clothes. Walk-in closets offer so much flexibility and creativity when it comes to crafting a beautiful office space. Working with a closet this size is almost like designing a small room instead of a tiny office nook.
IKEA ALEX Desk Setup Hacks (Ideas From Real People)
That means the dream of hooking sellers with a bonus office or a charming tiny nursery simply won’t stand up to location, square footage, bedrooms, bathrooms and recent renovations. If you go to sell, will your customized closet hack resonate with prospective buyers? Five real estate agents shared their opinions on the matter and, surprisingly, the answer isn’t exactly an open-and-shut case. You can still work plenty of drawers and shelves into a small closet space, as exemplified by blogger Ursula Carmona’s setup. Best of all, more surfaces equal more styling possibilities. Painting everything the same shade keeps the setup looking neat and cohesive rather than too overwhelming.
Go for the unexpected and try an accent wall in the closet. Instagrammer Andrea Vowels added a pop of pale pink behind her desk—in the form of wallpaper—and topped off the look with a charming leopard print pillow. The primary elements of her closet office are rooted in neutrals, but these touches add a splash of femininity to the space. Instagrammer Ericka moved her workspace into an unused closet and uses her newfound empty floor space to exercise.
Go Doorless to Show Off Your Space
Taking frequent breaks throughout the day will help keep you more focused and productive. I would also recommend filling all of the brad nail holes with caulk or spackling and sanding them down. They are tiny, but still visible after painting if not filled in. Wood Clamps – These will be used to hold down your guide when cutting your butcher block. …or if you want an even lower commitment, here are some great decals. These are great to personalize kid’s rooms or to personalize their workspace.
What should I do with the closet in my office?
- Hide it behind doors. (Image credit: Alexander James)
- Get creative with colors.
- Opt for a drop down desk.
- Fill a closet office with light.
- Make an alcove work hard.
- Make it functional with a mix of storage.
- Go for built in storage to maximize space.
- Don't forget lighting.
Of course, space may be an issue, and you may have to settle for something smaller or more austere than you would otherwise prefer. If you have a repurposed coat closet, you may simply not have room for the same type of rolling office chair that would fit into a huge walk-in closet. Have a guest bedroom https://remotemode.net/ that rarely gets used, upgrading the closet into an office turns it into a dual-purpose space. It serves as a catchall for your supplies and inspo photos, without taking up valuable surface real estate in your tiny office. We know we’re not the only ones with a constantly evolving design taste.
L-shaped Desk Setup in Mississippi, US
However, in most cases, you’ll need to add an outlet or two into your closet office. The National Electric Code requires closet outlets to have arc fault circuit interrupters to help prevent fires. In a closet office, well, there’s not a plethora of space even for your must-have items. Sure, it would be great to have anything and everything you want in your home office. After all, there’s nothing wrong with having a beautifully furnished office.
- Butcher Block is probably the most expensive part of this project, so if you can find a good deal on Facebook Marketplace or at a local salvage store, you can save a lot of money!
- A comfortable office chair would be a good option if you spend many hours at the computer.
- When empty nesters decide to downsize, we often deal with their need for a workspace.
- The desktop is literally just a piece of 1/2″ plywood cut to the width of the closet, and the desired depth.
If you need something extra narrow, writing desks may be a great place to start. Considering the number of hours you’re likely to spend in your new favorite nook, you need something great to sit on. We all deserve a secluded space away from the noise and bustle of the outside world, a designated locale in which to put our heads down and get to work. Sarah Lyon is a freelance writer and home decor enthusiast, who enjoys sharing good finds on home items.
How to Turn a Closet Into an Office (a Cloffice!)
You can create a cozy, quiet nook to work in while your clothes are neatly tucked away. Here is where closet office ideas truly shine; these closets often have plenty of space for both clothes and a home office. It does take more planning to convert closet to office pull it off, but it’s worth the effort. Convert a small space to a polished eye-catching and functional home office. We used white painted maple wood veneers and solid wood painted doors, moldings and trims to give the space a formal style.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.